Friday, March 28, 2008

Projects, projects

I am the queen of all things unfinished, I swear I have some sort of disorder, or perhaps not a disorder but the ability to multi-task in an extremely disorganized manner. Right now I'm not so bad, I only have 1 scarf for Shane currently unfinished, 1 pair of baby leg warmers unfinished (and I don't even have a baby or know anybody WITH a baby that needs baby leg warmers) and an Elizabeth George novel, Well Schooled in Murder . mwhahahahaha! Yesterday I finished a big bow project, and a smaller bow project and both boxes are off on their way to their recipients. I love that feeling of accomplishment that comes from the finality of a project. My next sewing venture will be two organizers for my car, they'll basically be slipcovers for the front seats, with pockets/pouches on the back for the kids' stuff. I'm hoping that it will help keep the clutter to a minimum, or at least off the space in between their car seats, there's so much stuff there that it's hard to buckle Natalie in. I want to use some rockin fabric for the pockets, with a heavier twill for the slipcovers. I'm also thinking about pie. It's still far too early here in the NE for anything local to be ready, I just love local produce and making stuff with it. Rhubarb is ready soon, and before you know it cherries and strawberries will be making an appearance. It's such a short growing season here, I'd love to live some place with a lengthier growing season, you can't really even think about planting stuff around these parts until Mother's Day.


I think we'll head out to the grocery store in a bit, and see what's available for pie fixins.
Cheers!

No comments: