Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Shameless Plug

for me! www.bowartsbows.com Yeah, yeah, I know, I know, but it's my blog people, so I can advertise for whomever I wish, including myself! A bit of a year ago I started making hair bows for Natalie, because I was just spending too much money on hair bows for her. Juli found directions on eBay and linked me and away I went. After tweaking things a bit, and getting tons of compliments on the bows, peppered with remarks like "You should really sell these you know." I decided to go out on my own and do it. I started out on the Hyena Cart, which is the online equivalent of a seller's marketplace, only most of the sellers are WAHMS (work-at-home-moms) and most of what is available there is hand made - cloth diapers, bath & body products, hair bows, jewelry, baby and kids' clothes, etc. It's a unique little forum, and it worked for me for a bit. Recently though, I realized that it wasn't working out so well for me, my listings disappeared after 3 months and getting them back was nightmarish, and so I set off again, this time to Tony at whamshoppes for hosting and Amanda at digishoppe for graphics and here I am. So I started adding products this morning, and I'll continue to add stuff this week. I realize that really the only people who read this blog are my girlfriends and they are all well aware of the existance of www.bowartsbows.com, but I'm excited and therefore blogging about it!

No more Top Chef this year, though tonight is the reunion show, right? I'm so happy that Stephanie won, I really thought of her as the dark horse, and while I feel like Richard was equally talented and deserving, I just wanted Stephanie to win so badly. How cool is it though that Top Chef is coming to NYC?! Finally!! I admit that I'm totally biased, but really, NYC is the greatest city in the world, chock full of culinary talent, it's about freaking time. Maybe my chef will be on tv for it too, if Chef Tom ever needs a fill-in judge! Shane can't compete in it, given his employer, and I think he probably wouldn't go for it anyway, since competing on tv is really not his style, lol. Oh well!

No comments: