Sunday, August 17, 2008

My To Do List

Juli & Dianne both blogged about what they did this summer, my summer isn't officially over until I return from the shore sunburnt, sandy, tired, maybe a pound or two heavier from eating all the glorious crap that the Ocean City, NJ boardwalk has to offer, and of course feeling OK about all of that because I've been able to sit on a beach and stare at the Atlantic Ocean for a few days. So, I'm blogging a To Do List instead, because I have considerably more to do than I have done this entire summer.

1. Lose weight. This goes against partaking of any glorious crap that I may find on the boardwalk (including, but certainly not limited to Kohr's Brother Custard, french fries, funnel cake, Mac & Manco pizza, Taylor Pork Roll w/cheese on a Martin's potato roll, & fudge). My sister is getting married next fall and I really have a strong desire to be thinner for her wedding than I am now. I will still need Spanx.

2. Travel more. I have seen literally, like 1% of the world. I'm a giant loser. I have to get myself & my kids out there to see & do more. I'm not sure where we're going to go for our first trip, though we're going to have to start small!

3. Date. Ugh. This whole concept is terribly frightening and one that I'm not looking forward to it at all. :-X Probably that right there means I am not ready, though I feel like I will never be ready, and I don't think that will work out so well for me, not ever being ready. Also, just from a brief perusal of online dating sites, it seems like there are a lot of men out there that look like trolls or cartoon characters. I'm not a shallow individual, I swear. It's just that that inital visual impression means a great deal, particularly when you've posted your picture on an internet dating site, you should at least try to not look like a Klingon or a serial killer.

4. Save money. Boring, but necessary.

5. Meet & make friends. I have a wonderful and lovely group of friends, affectionately known as "the loopies". They are really like the best people on the planet, and such great girlfriends. The only trouble is that none of us are really near each other geographically speaking. So while nothing could ever replace my dear loopies, I need to have some pseudo-loopies who happen to be close by, just until the loopies can converge on one neighborhood Wisteria Lane style of course.

3 comments:

Juli said...

#5! Oh wouldn't a Wisteria Lane be nice for us?!?! :::::::::::smooches:::::::::::::: love you, too!! :) :) :)

CA Girl in 10-OC said...

Baby steps for all your to-do list! You'll be running soon enough. :::kisses:::

Regi S. said...

:hiding my summer to do list: I think it involved washing the kitchen floor. We're here with unsolicited dating advice :D