Friday, August 1, 2008

:::::::::::::::::::::::Yawn::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

A quick post here, as it's 8:40 am here on the East Coast and I haven't had nearly enough coffee to jump start my brain to its proper function. The kids have been up since 6:30. Why do they DO that??!! It's been like this every day this week, but I just assumed it was because they were excited about science camp at the YMCA. There is no science camp today, so I just assumed that they'd be excited about sleeping in, until at least 7:30. The trouble with this is that they in fact, physically need more sleep than 9 pm to 6:30 am, since neither one of them naps during the day. And Garrett gets incredibly grumpy and miserable when tired, having tantrum after tantrum after tantrum. Natalie at least is still pleasant to be around, and maybe asks like 9,000 questions instead of her usual 9,999.
Yes, yes, they both need to be used to waking up earlier than they have been this summer, as does mom, since she starts a new job on 9/2. I'm still thinking 7:30 is really the perfect time. 6:30 just sounds so harsh, and early.

1 comment:

CA Girl in 10-OC said...

I agree!! I think summer is for sleeping...until 10:00 am at least!!