Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bad Hair Day

Ever have one of those days when you just hate your hair? I'm having one of those days today, mostly because I'm in that sucky layer-growing out phase. See, about a year ago (technically, the end of June), I did a good deed and had 14" of hair cut off to donate to Locks of Love www.locksoflove.org, which is a great organization that makes wigs for children and young people who have lost their hair due to medical conditions and treatments like radiation and chemotherapy. I'm proud to say that I had enough hair to donate that the good people at Locks of Love were likely able to make two wigs, so that feels good. Here's what is not a good feeling. I allowed myself to be talked into a layered cut. And now those layers are growing out, and the shortest layers freaking stick out and drive me crazy. Contributing to this annoyance is that I need to get everything thinned out, I think. I'm hoping that a talented hairdresser and a straight razor are the solutions to this problem. Going forward from this point, I'm resolving to NEVER allow layers again. I'm also resolving to pay attention to my hair and get it cut more than once a year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, you cannot complain about your Pantene commercial hair !
I complained about my hair until I saw a gal with no head.
Regi

*~~*Inger*~~* said...

LMAO! I actually looked at Jessica Simpson Clip-In Hair online last night, thinking maybe it would cover up the parts of my hair that stick out at odd angles! LOL