Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Attack of the Bridezilla


Heh, heh, I bet there are a lot of blog entries about Bridezilla. You know who she is. My sister moved out, and got engaged last week, both are wonderful pieces of news, and I'm very happy for her and her betrothed, I wish them all the best. :-) They have tenatively set a date for October 19, 2009, which is a long time away, but I guess she has her heart set on a fall wedding, and this fall is too short notice for the massive shin-dig she's planning (and apparently paying for, interestingly enough). So today she & my mom had a brief discussion on wedding dresses, my mom sent her a link to a pretty, very elegant and quite affordable dress from J.Crew's bridal line, and Erika volleyd back with a $600 number from David's Bridal - big, and white and haltered and the back laces up like a corset and her tattoos will show. :-X And replied "It's MY wedding and YOU don't have to come if you don't want to."@@ I mean, it's a little early to throw down that gauntlet, don't you think? My mom's point (and I'm kind of siding with her on this) is that Erika will have a 5 year old by the time she gets married, that she's not marrying the father of her 5 year old, and she's living with her fiance. I know times have changed, and believe me, I'm not all about tradition myself, but I can see where my mom is going with this. But, I suppose if Erika & Dave are paying for it themselves, they can have whatever kind of wedding they want. Oh, and they want to have it at a firehall. Nothing says PA like a firehall wedding!


1 comment:

Regi S. said...

LMAO ! CUT THIS OUT ! I swear we're going to start calling you Sister of Bridezilla !