Sunday, July 20, 2008

Who Are You Calling Weird?

http://www.threeminutesandarainbow.blogspot.com/ Lovely (and possibly weird) Juli posted about her quirks, oddities, whathaveyou because her sister did it, and now Regi's gone and done it and since it's too hot anywhere else in the house, I'll sit right here and tell you all about mine.

Ok, just go and read Juli's thing about cash & her debit card because I'm the same way and I'm too lazy to re-type my comment on her blog. I could probably be more successful if it weren't for my slothiness, but I will readily admit I'm lazy, so at least I have that going for me.

Alright.

I feel the need to organize the kids' toys at least once a week. I realize in doing this that they'll just continue to assume that I'll just continue to do it for them, but in reality, anything is better than listening to them whine (and they know it) and here's the sick part, I enjoy organizing the toys. It gives me a chance to sort out and toss the strange bits of detritus that they save and pick up along the way, the dear little magpies. All of Barbie's shoes turn up on my organizing missions, and Garrett's Army men are a complete platoon once I'm done with them.

Laundry. I secretly enjoy doing laundry. I love sorting it all out and folding it. The only part I don't love is putting it away. Life would sure be easier if somebody else would put it away. I hate wrinkles and stuff, so I have to fold it all as soon as it's done drying, particularly bedsheets. Otherwise I have to get the iron out. Oh, but NO FABRIC SOFTENER, esp. Downy. I hate the way it smells.

When eating something like m&ms, I sort them out by color and working from fewest to greatest, I eat them by color. For example, if I have 4 red, 6 green, 2 brown, 1 yellow, 5 orange and 8 blue, the order to eat them would be yellow, brown, red, orange, green and then blue. This applies to other stuff too - Swedish fish, gummy bears, Chex Mix, among others. Not that I eat that stuff . . .

There was a point in time when I had my pantry cabinet shelves labeled, but most of you might classify that as anal and not weird. It's a holdover from my professional kitchen days, what can I say?

I must sleep fully covered by a blanket, sheet, comforter, etc. It must reach up to my shoulder, my neck & head can stick out, but only my neck & head. I feel safer that way.

4 comments:

Juli said...

OMG PLEASE come do my laundry!!!!!! I'll wash and dry but I despise folding and putting away. David usually does it :X

binx520 said...

We have some similarities! LOL I eat my M&M's the same way and I *need to be covered too. LOL

Regi S. said...

When eating something like m&ms, I sort them out by color and working from fewest to greatest, I eat them by color. For example, if I have 4 red, 6 green, 2 brown, 1 yellow, 5 orange and 8 blue, the order to eat them would be yellow, brown, red, orange, green and then blue. This applies to other stuff too - Swedish fish, gummy bears, Chex Mix, among others. Not that I eat that stuff . . .


Institutionlized people do this one :X

Tina said...

LOVE you!!!!!! We're soul sisters! LOL!!! Although the m&m's are not usually around long enough TO be sorted here. Have to eat them before K sniffs them out. LOL