Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Letting Go . . .

My life is far from a bed of roses, though it's nice to pretend that it is once in a blue moon. S and I have been having some difficulties lately, and we've sort of come to the conclusion that maybe we're just better off cutting our losses and each moving on in our own directions. I feel like he'd prefer to keep it open ended, but I'm just unable to do that, and I really feel like I've been doing so much to make this marriage work, and that I've done all I can. It is supposed to be a partnership, but it hasn't felt that way in a very long time. :-( It's not easy, it's not a happy time, I'm trying to stay upbeat, and I'm trying to keep busy. Hopefully that won't numb the pain, only to make it worse later down the road. I have two awesome kids to look out for though, and a bunch of kick ass friends to look out for me, so we'll get through it, maybe a few battle scars here and there, but no worse for the wear. For once I'm really looking forward to the future, I can't remember a time last when I was actually happy about planning things out, I feel as though that is a good sign. Natalie is psyched about starting school in September, meeting & making new friends, and with luck I'll have a job by then. Garrett is Garrett, he's happy as long as he's got a Buzz Lightyear in one hand and a Transformer in the other.

4 comments:

Juli said...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}} I'm sorry. You know we're all here for you.

Regi S. said...

I'm so sorry Inger, prayers for all of you.((((((((((((((())))))))))))))

CA Girl in 10-OC said...

We'll be here for you! Hang in there!

binx520 said...

{{{{{}}}}} Your friends ARE here for you, whatever, whenever you need us! Remember to take care of you too!