Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Not Your Mother's Bar


Today I had this brilliant idea for a small business. I usually daydream about small businesses (brick & mortar stores) that I'd own - like I think a children's & maternity consignment store would be cool, or a children's boutique. Sometimes I think about running a movie theater and showing old movies. Anyway, today I thought wouldn't it be GREAT if there were a place that moms could go to during the day to drink, amongst other moms?! I would have a child-care area separate of the bar, but the bar wouldn't be really bar-like either. We'd have comfy couches & chairs, and you could get a manicure & a pedicure along with your cocktail. And if you perhaps imbibed a bit too much and couldn't drive home? Well, there'd be a limousine that would whisk you and the kids to home safe & sound. I'm not sure what I'd do if you got fall-down frat boy drunk. Maybe you'd have to arrange for your very best girlfriend, or worse, husband, to come over to take care of the kids. Any suggestions? I want to make sure the kids are safe!!! I think my bar would open around 10 am, and we'd be serving mimosas and Bloody Marys at that time. As the day progressed the menu would change - wine & beer for the lunch time crowd, martinis and gimlets for the post-school frenzy, the day would wind down with decaf Irish coffee and warm spiked apple cider. We close at 10 pm, so this mom can get home for 40 winks. ;-)
Personally, I think it business would boom.


No comments: